Other
Country
Us
State
Mi
City
Caledonia
Have no weakness been having twitching for 6 months
Had EMG at Cleveland clinic July 7th stated that I had chronic inactive neurogenic changes in the intrinsic hand muscles and slight triceps. It was very extensive EMG a fasculation found in 1st dorsal . No fibs or sharp waves. EMG summary stated no evidence of MND disease. Stated it was coming from c7t1 level OLD lesion. I did have fusion c5-c6 and c6 c-7 and does dhow moderate narrowing at c7 t1 level on left side mild on right
This MRI was done 2 weeks later.

Went to mayo for another opinion EMG stated long motor unit potentials in c7/c8 bilateral muscles . All other muscles were normal and nerve conduction study. Summary states: there is evidence of chronic inactive bilaterally c7-c8 radiculpathies .
There is no evidence of diffuse disorders of motor neurons or their axons. I have had no weakness but plenty of twitches in between index and thumb since march . It also stated no fasculation or fibs found on the mayo EMG in any muscles

With these tests and of lower limbs and upper is it clear these is no slow progression going on here . Cleveland and mayo said no signs of early warning and not what they look for for MND . Just would appreciate some thoughts . I did have neck issues for years just don't understand the twitching

Thanks all God Bless

Believe what you were told. Be very very grateful. Twitching means nothing without weakness, possibly related to neck issues but also might be just unrelated benign twitching. Cleveland, Mayo and I think you went to U of Michigan? Clearance from any one of those should set your mind to rest

Have a lovely long life

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to comment Nikki . I guess I have just been stressing on it as my index finger will twitch and feels swollen a lot . I do believe your right after 6 months and findings on the same muscles from one specific area in cervical from spine area where there is MRI evidence both clinics coming to same conclusion .. Just get depressed and don't mean to bother with issues on this site . I pray for everyone on here for strength

normal, normal, normal...

One thing to add the 6 months of twitching mostly in calves 24/7 and just below and above both elbows into the lower triceps on both sides fairly constant . Not every sec but seem to be steady. I realize twitches mean nothing
But that and EMG s that show mildly abnormal from doctor views . I was just trying to get views from others.
Thought this was a better place then googling that took me into this stress. For those of you that have answered me . I really do appreciate you taking the time . It really can help people
Thanks

Hon read your last thread over too - it's time to go, we have told you, you have been tested thoroughly, and yet you are pushing.

You don't show any typical ALS onset symptoms and your tests support that.

You are fixating on it despite those facts. You can get help for that elsewhere, we can't provide that kind of service. All the best - you should be thrilled as we congratulate you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back