Reason
Other
Country
Us
State
Wisconsin
City
Brookfield
Hi. Ok so for the past week i have been experiencing weird symptoms. A week ago i noticed muscle twiching in my calf, less then 18 later i was having twitching all over one second leg, calf, thigh, arm, lip. I then was very fatigued, hot flashes then chills the next second.
My left arm feels fatigued. About 3 week ago prior to bed i was on my phone alot and using my left hand. While walking to bed i realized I could not squeeze my hand together to make a fist. Went to bed and woke up fine. I am also experience buring, pins and needles.
I have lost 6 lbs in the past week.very stresssed no appetite. The spasms have not mainly stayed in my legs and calfs now non stop. My triceps feel tight maybe like day after a charlie horse , with random twitching else where. I have been having buring sensations along my spine (erectors) some burning into my skull but a lot of burning in between my shoulder blades.
I am convinced that i have als and it started in my back and i am loosing muscle mass and thats why it burns. Blood work is fine they did the full work up, emg is today and waiting on my mri. I am so scared

Last edited:
Relax. You mentioned NOTHING that has anything to do with ALS. Let us know what the EMG doc says.

Hi cls

Would you mind using paragraphs if you post again. It's hard to read in a big block of text, especially for PALS who are totally paralysed and using eye technology here.

There is a post that is titled READ BEFORE POSTING which you need to read. It is our official position, so we won't argue against anything found elsewhere that says different.

A week of vague symptoms and you think you have a terminal disease? Truly that is like me saying I must have a brain tumour because I had a headache.

You have NO symptoms of ALS. I suggest you follow the advice of your doctor and let them run their tests.

All the best, you do not need to be here which is the best news I can give anyone :)

I know i did the worst thing and went to dr. Google. But of course when you have 3 little ones you worry a lot, well.... expecially i do. Thanks

Yep worried sick. Expecially since 3 weeks ago i could not make a fist . And now the muscles twitching have localized to my calves pretty much non stop. Yesterday during the day i noticed they were gone and got hopeful but when i rest it starts back up

Please see a doctor or join anxietyzone as we can't help with your fears.

ALS - I've never heard anyone say in early symptoms I can't make a fist. You will have something treatable if you work with doctors. This is not the place for you.

Oh, I am sorry i would think not being able to squeeze your hand tight together to make a fist would be considered clinical weakness? I guess I am confused on that part

You need to see a doctor, which you have not mentioned doing.

Only a doctor can diagnose clinical weakness. Please get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back