Old 08-06-2016, 05:50 AM #16 (permalink)

City: Bendigo
State: Victoria
Diagnosed: 06/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
AussieChick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Think im in trouble...

Wish my diagnoses was MMN or Fibromyalgia, it sucks having PMA/MND
Old 08-06-2016, 06:00 AM #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msims View Post
Thanks for your reply Lenore, yes i did read the stickies however ive also read lots of other reputable websites on dr.google.. which has led me to believe als negins differently for everyone is this true, and not everyone has the same symptoms? Considering asking for an emg. I have no idea how much they cost here in aus.
The EMG will cost you a couple of hundred dollars unless you have a Health care card and if you do a neurologist visit will cost around $65 out of pocket. You have to pay the full visit fee and then claim on medicare.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:49 AM #18 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: baldivis
State: wa
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Msims is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: baldivis
State: wa
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Msims is on a distinguished road

I do not have a health care card. I paid $640 for my visit yesterday. Might get something back from medicare but not much doesnt bother me. Obviously im happy with the diagnoses however im still very sceptical of the whole 'fibromyalgia' concept. Especially with all my pain and symptoms being a symmetrical etc... but hey who am i to argue with a professional.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:26 PM #19 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

whatever msims you DO NOT have ALS, or MND as we call it here in oz.

Staying off this site is now the healthiest thing you can do for yourself. Instead you were here at 11pm and now back at 5.30am. Go start living, this is not healthy behaviour at all!

I wish you all the best.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:49 PM #20 (permalink)

City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light
City: Stevenage
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 07/2016
WendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of lightWendyWooG is a glorious beacon of light

Msims,
I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years, fatigue and pain has been a constant in my life with it. Neither of these was a factor when I first started with mnd symptoms.

If fibromyalgia is your diagnosis you should really see a rheumatologist and perhaps investigate more for you if you are still doubtful. There are some very effective pain relief options available complementary therapies such as massage and relaxation help and it is very important to have adequate sleep.

If you are not happy that you have the correct diagnosis do keep working with your doctors until everything fits and you have all the help you need.

Good luck

Wendy x
Old 08-06-2016, 03:30 PM #21 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

Mayo Clinic recognizes fibromyalgia. Why not visit a fibro forum and compare notes, if you need to be on a forum.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, arm, back, cramps, emg, fatigue, female, lift, mri, muscle, muscle fatigue, muscles, neurologist, pain, research, scared, sleep, wanted, wrists, young