Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Hello I am a 25 year old female. My symptoms started 9 months ago with twitching in my right calf. It then began to spread to other locations and I pretty much had body wide twitching. That has lasted for 9 months and about a month ago I began having horrible horrible muscle cramps in both legs and hands that get worse at night and go on even when I am not doing anything. The twitches are continuing with the cramping and it seems as if everything is getting worse. I Also have a bad tremble in my hands and involuntary movement. I had an EMG 7 months ago in my legs that was normal but now that the cramping has started and issues have moved to my hands I dont think the first one was enough. Please give me some insight.

No reason to suspect ALS at all. Forget about ALS.

If you're concerned, see a GP medical doctor.

Hi,

I after my 2 brothers passed away from ALS my body twitched for about 8 months. It was daily and at all hours of the day and night. When I started feel pulsating, shock like symptoms through out my body that is when i decided to go with my neurologists. He told me that it was self awareness since my brothers had ALS. In the end he told me I had benign fasciculation's. You should google it and read up on it. Don't stress over it and go and see a neuro.

Robby,

I wouldn't worry. Talk to your doctor about benign fasciculation syndrome. There is even a benign fasciculation/cramping syndrome.

The fact that your EMG was clean even after the fasciculations started should give you assurance. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back