Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
london
City
london
Hi everyone. I know these questions have been asked a hundreds times, but I would really appreciate your thoughts, as I am depressing myself through worrying!

I have seen two doctors, the first in November 2015, the second in May 2016. Neither of them think I have this, or anything serious, but I am still going out of mind with worry. Any reassurance would be great.

It all started 10 months ago, September 2015. I had just had a baby 2 weeks before, and a car crash about 8 weeks before that.

I started getting twitches all over my body, even in places I did not know about. I thought it was pregnancy related so left it at that. Saw a doctor in November, he checked me for weakness and said there was nothing wrong with me, and being 27, it was nothing serious.

The twitching has continued to this day. Sleep seems to reduce the amount of twitches I get, but I cannot find out if it will totally erradicate it as I have a baby.

The second doctor checked me for weakness, and said I was fine. I did not tell her about foot drop.

I also have what I believe to be foot drop. Occasionally it happens when I run up or down the stairs, it lasts for seconds, then goes back to normal. I have had a 'foot drop' for years in one foot, but the second foot is new.

2 - 3 times a week I get a 'weakness feeling' in a leg or an arm, but it has stayed as that so far, and as far as i'm concerned right now, not a real weakness yet.

These are my symtoms, the reason I have joined this is because of the twitching for 10 months.

I would be extremely appreciative and Thankful for genuine thoughts, as I have made my life misery, and it is not only affecting myself, but my family also.

Thank You to everyone that replies.

First off, read the Sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING. your answer was already there.

Twitching means nothing.

Foot drop does not "go away". What you describe is not foot drop.
In ALS weakness also does not go away.

Listen to your doctors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You for your reply. I have read that post, and understand that 'twitching' is not, on it's own a symptom. I did not however realize that foot drop could not 'come and go', as I could not find that information anywhere.

Anyway, Thank You for your reply, and making me realize just how stupid I am being.

:)

yet hours after thanking Greg you are still here....

No ALS, not even a teeny bit. Don't miss out on the amazing early months of joy and exhaustion of your baby, you will never get this time back and you are wasting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back