Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
London
City
London
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm getting pretty concerned with the symptoms im experiencing and just want some advice before I go to the doctors. I'm 22 and must admit I do have health aneixty.

It started about two months ago when I noticed a funny feeling in my left leg, I could walk fine but it felt heavy. Then I started to notice the joints in that leg cracked a lot ( if I bend down my knee pops or if I walk fast my hip pops and if I stand on my tip toes my ankles crack). What got me concerned about ALS,and I'm guessing the majority of people after doctor Google, is the fasculations. Started off wide spread then localised in my affected left foot arch now they seem to have spread to my calf on that leg. Now from what it looks like the muscle around my upper calf (near my knee) looks to be atrophifying, when I flex the muscle it looks a lot more defined and my inner calf muscle is flat when flexed. You can see even if I just stand up the muscle around that area denting in and the long tendon (don't know what it is) is much more prominent than the right. However I have measured them and they do not seem smaller.

I went to the docs he said it could be cartledge damage and referred me to a physio (still waiting on that). I have no clinical weakness and can still do all the strength tests, stand on one leg ls toes etc and run. I played a round of golf yesterday (although my leg again did feel funny). The sensation to best describe it is that it feels like I've done a work out on it. I also sometimes get buzzing feelings but this is rare.I've had an MRI done for MS this year due to getting optic neuritis but it was clear. No cramps but the affected leg feels stiff sometimes.

Know this is an absolute essay, I understand full well this could just be aneixty related but I would like to see people's opinion before I go back and request a neurologist.

Thank you.

Hi Joe,
If you click on the blue link above that says Do I Have ALS? Is This ALS? you will see a post at the top that is titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

That took a lot of time and energy to write and is our official position, and it answers all your questions and concerns.

You don't have any ALS symptoms, that's great news for you.

I'd suggest you work with your doctor to solve what is going on :)

Many thanks Tillie. I'll delete the thread and check out the blue link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back