Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
swe
State
sweden
City
gothenburg
I start to say that english is not my ordinary language but i hope you understand my writing. I have post a question here before and som pictures of my hands whit possible atrophy. I have twitching all over my body and went to a neuro and was getting an EMG in arm, hand, leg and below my shoulder on the back. All came back clear! I was reliefed of course but then one day when i brushed my teeth i saw my tongue...And of course it were twitching to and i freaked out.

I don't feel the twitching but i clearly see them even when my tongue is at rest in the mouth! And of course its not a twitch here and there..its all over the place..under the surface. Just like the descriptions of fasiculations for ALS when i read on it on the net.

I asked my neuro when we spoked on the phone and she just said "yes we look for fasiculations in tongue and its a sign"...ok what should i do with info like that?! She just said i have to call back if i get any new sign as weakness and so on.

My question is..the EMG should it picked it up if it where bulbar? They never put a needle in my tongue. She said the doctor that did my EMG is the best in our country and my EMG was totally clean.

I just hate my self that a was looking in that freaking mirror that day and saw my tongue...It is constantly twitching...i don't feel it but i sure see! i have no other symtoms in mouth with speak and eating.

As you were probably told in your earlier posts: read the Sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

Twitching means nothing, everyone twitches, some more than others.

If your EMG is clean, stop worrying. Twitching means nothing.

But can you really say that twitching means nothing when the doctors looking for just that? Im so scared of my constant twitching tongue..Is there anyone that knows if the EMG i took could miss bulbar als? do i need to take an other one in my tongue?

I just so scared of all these symtoms i have and i feel something is really wrong..

But can you really say that twitching means nothing?
I just so scared of all these symtoms i have

All what symptoms? You're twitching. Big deal. Get over it. Really.

Doctors look for much more than twitching.

And yes, the emg would have caught it.

My symtoms is twitching all over since feb. Possible atrophy in my hands that the neuro pointed out to me. But the doctor sat a needle in just that hand so the atrophy shouldn't be from als I guess. I also feel weak in that thumb.

I think I have a hard time to let this go because the neuro never stop saying I have als sign and that I have to wait and see... I don't want to wait and see..I want her to say there's nothing to worry about since I have clear emg. But she don't! I'm worry that this is early symptoms right now and later on it will develop to something worse.

Maybe instead of arguing it with us, who are dealing with a terminal illness, you should make an appointment and go back to the neurologist and argue it out there.

We don't see ALS, but we are strangers who have not examined you. Let us know after you have been examined again.

So sorry if it sounded like I am argue with you.. It's just worried thoughts from me. I just had a question about the emg if a new were needed in my tongue.
Sorry if I did upset anyone. You all have so much acknowledged and my neuro don't give me information when I ask.

Sorry again. I will not ask for more. Thanks for your answers!

I thought the reply was implied already - you don't need a new EMG.

READ BEFORE POSTING - find that sticky thread at the top of this forum and read it - we have tried to be really clear. EMG will find ALS before you know it. Go back to your doctor honestly that's the only one who can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back