Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Miami
Hello, I am a 20 year old male. Fortunately I've always had good luck with my health.

Recently my left knee began twitching after playing basketball. After the twitching left which was one full day it began feeling heavy and weak. Then my lower part of the leg began to feel the same way

. It's been like that for a week now but I notice no sign of muscle atrophy or actual true weakness at all. I can still run, jump, lift weights without any issues.

The twitching has calmed down but I do feel it from time to time, now mostly in my left buttock. I also feel like I have a lump in my throat but it doesn't affect me when I swallow any liquids or foods. I have no slurred speech either.

I have been very highly stressed and anxious lately but these symptoms persist even when I don't feel stressed. All symptoms are on my left leg which the doctor noticed is hyper reactive.

Please help I am worried. Although I know I am very young and that there's plenty of other things that can cause this it still worries me. I have thought that maybe this also could be Benign Fasiculation Syndrome (BFS) but I would like to hear from people who have experience with this disease.

Thank you in advance for your help and my heart goes out to anybody who has faced or is facing this disease.

I am new to this forum so I don't know if it's okay with the rules to reply to myself so I apologize if it's frowned upon.

I explained in the original post that my twitching has calmed down now and that I only feel it from time to time, but I wanted to point out that I never feel these twitches when I'm walking around or running. Only when I am sitting down or laying down at rest. Thank you

Please read our stickies completely and throughly before you post. It clear states that twitching in itself is never a indication that you have ALS. What you are describing to me sounds exactly like anxiety to me. Please log off of here. This is a ALS forum. You don't have it. Please go back to your own physician and have them evaluate you again. I suffer from anxiety attacks at times. I had the twitching before and the lump feeling in my throat also before. It's anxiety and Yes, with me it has happened at times when I thought I was relaxed. You absolutely don't belong here. Please go enjoy yourself and don't even remotely think about ALS. You don't have it at all. Kim

Thank you Kim, I'm getting off of this forum and hoping not to return.

Back again. I know I was told to keep off because what I was describing was highly unlikely to be ALS. But the symptoms are still going on and my left hand has been cramping up lately at the base of my thumb.

Still no weakness on any part of my body. I know this is an ALS forum so I am sorry but if this was anxiety/stress related would I still feel these even moments when I am not stressed? Or even after 2 weeks would anxiety/stress symptoms still persist?

I'm sorry for asking about something that's not related to ALS like anxiety but I just really need help. Thank you

Wanted to point out that my left hand trembles. All the symptoms I've described are on my left side

To answer your questions in post 4. Yes and yes. Tremor could be from stress or just benign tremor. Still no reason to fear ALS. Hop over to anxietyzone forum. You will find people there who have been just where you are now and can tell you they got through it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back