Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Miami
Hello, I want to start by thanking anybody who replies for your help. I am 20 years old, very young I know, but I have had a couple symptoms that have made me worry.

I'll start from the beginning although it may not be connected. About a month ago I had constipation, which changed over to diarrhea and then back to constipation. I also felt slight pain on my left side of the stomach. After about 7 days of having this problem I began to worry immensely. I began stressing mentally and started researching a million things and self diagnosing myself. After the stress and anxiety came small stinging sensations in different parts of my body. They're small and don't hurt and they last for less than a second.

I went to my primary doctor who diagnosed my constipation an diarrhea as IBS and said that my stinging sensations were my body's reaction to the amount of stress I was putting on my mind. He also prescribed me some multivitamins. I felt relieved by this and noticed over the next couple weeks the stinging went away.

I visited family in Tennessee for a full week and I was doing fine until my last day there I found out my mother was hospitalized back home. I couldn't get into contact with her and had no clue what was happening and began once again stressing greatly and thinking the worse. I finally got into contact with her and she assured me she was okay but I remained stressed and nervous until her test results came back.

I returned home the next day and was doing okay. A day after returning home I played a large amount of basketball, my first physical activity in a long while. That same night I felt the stinging again for the first time in weeks, I ignored it and went to bed. The next day the stinging was gone but I had twitching in my left knee that lasted the whole day. The following day the twitching was gone but I had a heavy, weak feeling in my left knee which I still have now. I have also noticed I have a tremor in my left hand.

I went to the ER yesterday and they performed some blood work and it all came back normal. They said it could've been reaction to all the stress but they did say my left knee was hyper reactive. Although my leg FEELS weak I don't think it actually is. I face no difficulty when walking or jogging. I've tried some leg exercises here at home and I've had no problem but the feeling of weakness and heaviness remains.

I also occasionally get this weird small vibrating feeling in my back. Doesn't hurt or anything it's just annoying. I also know stress and anxiety can cause this but I'm scared and thinking the worst. I know I may be a hypochondriac but pleas I would love reassurance.

I have read that stress and anxiety could cause plenty of symptoms that mimic diseases like ALS or MS. I try to stay calm and not think of it but it is very hard to do so. Please help, I am worried.

I know this is a very very long post but I really would appreciate help from anybody. Please.

Also I forgot to mention that even though the twitching from my left knee is gone I still get twitches in different parts of my body but they disappear quickly.

So, the twitching brought you here? Nothing else you mention has anything to do with ALS.

Our twitching doesn't go away.

But even then: twitching means nothing. EVERYONE twitches, some more than others.

Read the Sticky. Or not. Nothing you mention is of concern ...

Yes, I don't feel the twitching anymore and if I do it's only for a couple seconds but at first it lasted for a full day and was followed by a full, weak feeling in my knee. My knee feels weak although I don't think it is. I still have the heavy, weak knee feeling now. Could this be attributed to stress or anxiety?

Pretty much anything can be attributed to stress or anexiety.

But this is an ALS/MND forum, not a health anxiety forum, Go see your doctor.

Oh my.

Honey please, we are helping terminally ill people.

You cannot possibly have ALS, I guarantee it.

This is exactly the place you should go.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back