Reason
Other
Country
DE
State
Germany
City
Hohenöllen
Hi everyone , at first id like to say im sorry for my poor english,im from germany and seeking some guidence as to what is happening to me. Thanks for reading.
So to me and my problem: iam 28 years old, female, and have body wide twitching every couple sec. And cramping in my legs The twitching varies from one twitch to fast twitching all in one . So this twitching has been gooing on for about 6 to 8 weeks. I have lost about six kilos . And my hands are starting to lose on muscle(i had very chuby hands bevor this all started) So i went to my doktor who drew blood and started giving me calcium wich didnt help . After 2 more weeks of endless twitching, he said i schould see a neuroligist. The neuroligist did lots of testing
To name a few :
brain and neck mri
lumbalpunktur
Lots of blood tests
Reflex tests ( that every doktor who examend me in the Hospital had Different explanations so by one doktor i had high flexing and a muscle tonus the other said thy where the same)
Emg was done in 2 muscles of my legs about 3 min then he was finished. He also said that if there would be something wrong he would see it in these 2 muscles. I asked about my dents and muscle loss in my left hand he said thats because i lost weight.
So my problem is my twitching is getting worse still loseing weight and my left hand is very weak . I dont know what to do these cramps an twitching are 24/7 and my muscle loss in my left hand is concerning me. Dchould i get a second opinion about this since my problems are getting worse.
Thanks for any help in advance
A nice day everyone sincerly A

Hello Hope,

You should not be afraid of ALS. The neurologist is correct.

Twitching and cramping are something else.

I agree with Mike.

Thank you so much, Mike and kim for your replys and time. I will try to relax alittle and hope my twitching and cramping goes away again.
Sincerly, A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back