Old 06-19-2016, 07:15 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Austin
State: Tx
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
mellows77 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I am 23 year old male from he great state of Texas.
I have been trying to find the source of my problems for years now to no avail. Started with progressive burning fatigue which has not let up which then lead to joint cracks and perceived weakness in my left arm and leg.
My rheumatologist cleared me of most inflammatory/Arthritis disease, and X-rayed my left knee and shoulder. Still need some more thorough blood work from her. I was referred to a great neurologist who gave me an MRI, nerve conduction study and an Emg as well as a full neurological examination, All came back great.
I was very satisfied and at ease until my left knee started to get worse, it is now very unstable when standing and pops back and forth, I am now going to part time as the chronic fatigue is also too much. Does anyone think a neural second opinion would be unnecessary? Do these symptoms hint toward any kind of MND?
I hate to make a post like this but any help would be greatly appreciated.
When the doctors have no idea whats wrong with you, you begin to want to figure it out for yourself.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:25 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Does not sound like MND to me. Your description of your knee issue would have me checking with my pcp about a possible orthopedic consult. I suggest seeing your pcp to see what they think. I find it fascinating that the rheumatolgist's negative tests clear you in your mind of the issues she explored yet the tests and exam done by a great neuro do not do the same for MND.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:37 PM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Thanks for the reply and i'm not discounting anything, i have no idea whats wrong with me as well as the doctors, just sort of searching abroad for information on what it might be.
I will be having a follow up with my rheumatologist this week. I will also make an Appt with my PCP based on your suggestion.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:11 AM #4 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Pembroke
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
cmropen is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Pembroke
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
cmropen is on a distinguished road

You mentioned you're going to see the doctor again soon, so in the interest of making the most out of your appointment, here's examples of some questions you might consider asking. Getting an accurate diagnosis is key to getting treatment right so make sure you get all the information you can!

What does my future look like with this condition?
What are my treatment options?
Are there any homeopathic or alternative treatment options?
What are the possible side effects of medications?
Should I change my diet or lifestyle?
How often do I need to see a doctor and have blood work done?
What sorts of resources are out there for me to learn more about my diagnosis?
Closed Thread

Tags
arm, back, burning, emg, fatigue, info, lead, mnd, mri, neurologist, problems, second opinion, shoulder, symptoms, weakness, work, wrong