Reason
Other
Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Good afternoon. I posted back in April and have took the advice of the forum to follow up with a neurologist. I have seen two in that time frame. One with his own practice and a background with the Cleveland clinic. The other has 25 years of experience. Both have been certififed in EMG reading and the procedure. I have been experiencing fasciculations and cramps in my legs, arms, and back. I also have been experiencing what I believe is weakness in my right arm. I can still do normal things, but it seems off. I had an EMG done by the first doctor on my arms and nothing was found. They results came out normal. I had the second doctor do an EMG on my legs and he found two fasciculations, nothing else. I am still having the twitching and my hand is not worse, but it's not better, it's staying the same. I have a follow up appt with the first neurologist on June 29th. I am hoping to get more details, but my mind is set that I have ALS. Should I be concerned? Thank you for your input.

Your mind is set that you have ALS.

When you first came here I told you I couldn't imagine what would make you think ALS.

Now being cleared by 2 neurologists you come back and say this. You think we will throw away everything we know and have experienced because your mind is set?

Hon, truly, go elsewhere - we are dealing with a terminal illness, no matter that our minds keep telling us this can't be true!

Thank you for your reply. The thing that gets me is the constant twitching of the muscles and the cramping feeling in my legs along with the achy right hand. I have been working out again after going through some exhaustion of the twitching. I have noticed a decline in the weight my dominant hand can do compared to my non-dominant. If there was a decline in the symptoms I wouldn't be as worried.

I have a follow up with the neuro and will bring this up at the appointment. Thank you again for your reply.

You were no doubt told before, but:

TWITCHING MEANS NOTHING. NORMAL PEOPLE TWITCH, SOME MORE THAN OTHERS.

you were cleared by two neurologists and two EMGs.

At this point you should seek mental health professionals. Seriously, not a jab.

But we've done what we can, good luck. Good bye.

I have my follow up with the neurologist next Wednesday. I will bring up my concerns at that point. I just haven't gotten better and it is a concern to me. Thank you for the input.

I have a question. I relieved my EMG report from the neurologist that did legs. On the report, it states that there were 2+ PSW on L.Gastron(MED), 1+ PSW L. Abd Hallucis , 1+ PSW R.Gastron(MED) and 1+ PSW L. Abd Hallucis. No other findings. I did not have a chance to discuss the report with the doctor as I received it today in the mail. I was just wondering everyone's take on it. Thank you

If you want to discuss your EMG, I would advise you to call the doctor and go over it. Only he can interpret it in its entirety.

It's your doctors job to discuss the results with you.

There will have been a summary at the bottom after all the numbers, and I'm pretty sure it did not say those results were in any way indicative of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back