Reason
Other
Country
be
State
w Vlaanderen
City
Ostend
Recently ( some weeks ago), I saw that in the palm of my hand there is kind of constant move. Especially when I move my little finger , the movement under the skin is rather heavy. i also have the impression that my little finger starts to go to the inside of my hand when I bend it...
Another impression that I have is that it becomes more difficult to really put my hand vertically (stretched out)
I still don't experience weakness, but have some dents in the side of my hand (hypothenar side)
Do i have reasons to worry ?
Don

You were previously here and reported a normal EMG and a possibly abnormal ncs. You were told then it did not sound like ALS. It still does not. You were supposed to see an ALS doctor in April. What happened there ? You also said you were getting help for your anxiety

Yes I went there and he wants me to come back in october.
He found that there are two small muscles missing in my right foot.
I have a cervical radiculopathy

strongly reduced amplitudos of the M response , n peronaeus right
to T.A.
N suralis right and left : normal sensible condustion en amplitudo of the SNAP.
Mep to EDB strongly reduced but with normal motoric latention. Mep to T.A. normal symetrical latentions.
Some fasciculations found in different places.

Don

You were previously here and reported a normal EMG and a possibly abnormal ncs. You were told then it did not sound like ALS. It still does not. You were supposed to see an ALS doctor in April. What happened there ? You also said you were getting help for your anxiety

As far as anxiety is concerned, I went to see a psychiatrist three times. The 'chemistry' between us was not there, and as after the appointment with the neurologist I felt a little bit better i just quit. Now I'm waiting to go to a psychologist specialized in behaviour therapy ( all kinds of fobia amongst others hypochondria)
Don

Recently ( some weeks ago), I saw that in the palm of my hand there is kind of constant move. Especially when I move my little finger , the movement under the skin is rather heavy. i also have the impression that my little finger starts to go to the inside of my hand when I bend it...
Another impression that I have is that it becomes more difficult to really put my hand vertically (stretched out)
I still don't experience weakness, but have some dents in the side of my hand (hypothenar side)
Do i have reasons to worry ?
Don

I have one more question: is atrophy of hypothenar eminence a-typical for MND ?
is split hand result of thenar atrophy or can it also be from hypothenar atrophy.
thanks in advance for your possible answers.
Donj

> atrophy of hypothenar eminence

I have no clue as to what that is.
You're going way overboard for a questionable twitch in your palm.

Read the Sticky (again). Twitching means nothing.

First of all thanks for your kind reaction.
What I mean is loss of muscle mass under the small finger. The other side of the hand is thenar eminence, the part under the thumb.
I know twitching doesn't mean anything,but loss of muscle mass and cramps do mean something... that's the reason why I dared to ask to people who all experienced specific signs. but sorry for bothering you.
Donj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back