Other
Country
Uk
State
Uk
City
Cardif
Hello all

First off to anyone that is suffering with als my heart truly does got out to you.

I sugger chronic anxiety and panic attacks, 5 days ago i noticed that both my calfs muscle twitch constantly, never stopping, but in my left leg much more than the other.

I went to see the dr yesterday regarding it and he said the twitches dont look like fascilations? More like tiks. Perform reflex test and tried to pressure point to get the muscle to iduce a fscilation, all was good no problems at all for the little test he done

I have attached a video of what is happening and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation for me?

Do they look like fascilations to you.
https://youtu.be/C2BMnhaeVbg

Also i have no ither symptoms at all, ie weakness or twithing anywere else, reflexes were completely normal also

Im sorry to ask here but as my dr said not to worry and hasnt any intentions of further testing i need to curve the anxiety as it is getting to much for me

As said above the twitches are calf area and also disapear if i stand up,

Many thanks

Take a look at your profile. What I wrote there.

Believe your doctor. Twitching is a common thing in people.

Twitches mean nothing. My neuro has fasciculations in both legs and has had them for more than a year. He also has brisk reflexes. He didn't even order an EMG for himself because he has strength on both legs.

Believe your doctor but please get something for your anxiety. Anxiety can cause twitches!

Thanks all

Anxiety is through the roof at the moment i have to admit,

Starting meds for the anxiety today, i never normally google any symptoms as i onow from experience that its the worst thing that one can do, but when i google twitching calf i had no idea what i was about to read

The people that have als genuienly my deepest heart felt feelings go out to you, truly

I only ask my question as even tho its 24/7 no stop twitching i barely played up at the dr typically

I cant thankyou all enough for your fast responses,

Twitches mean NOTHING, they are not diagnostic of anything.

We are strangers, so why would you believe us when your doctor already told you?

Your anxiety is your issue, and this is not a place for health anxiety, we are caring for the terminally ill and that is our priority and takes all our time.

I've got this link for you as it is a place that will welcome you discussing your issues. Please leave here and use this far more relevant forum.

http://www.anxietyzone.com/

Ok, i do apologise and you guys have already helped me quite a bit.

Thankyou and all the best. I will look into the link you provided also

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back