Other
Country
Br
State
Sao Paulo
City
Sao Paulo
I appreciate if someone can help.
I have muscle wasting through the hole body, is very very visible. I also have some tchwiching and pain (feels like cramp but it's not I think).

But even with all that wasting that is going on for months now with no remission, I still don't have the Real Weakness, just some perceived weakness, that is of course getting worse. Using fork is getting dificult. My muscles are slowly becoming jelly or vanishing.

I saw a lot of ALS patients on video, and their hands WITH weakness (curved fingers) looked "fat". Mine is just getting thinner as muscles dissapears or becoming jelly,

Does someone saw or read something about this type of progression in ALS?

My doctor said he knows something is wrong but can't give a diagnose of ALS yet... Appreciate any help!

No ALS doesn't start with body wide 'muscle wasting'.

Your doctors are the best place to seek continuing help. All the best.

Thank you for the reply. So in ALS you first have the weakness and then the muscle starts "vanishing" right? For me it's the opposite. Of course weakness is growing at a fast pace, eating is getting dificult... but still working... very strange. I couldn't find another dystrophy like mine (neither my doc), that's why I came here.

Regards,

Read the sticky title READ BEFORE POSTING

Then work with your doctors, get another doctor if yours isn't helping enough for you.

I wish you all the best, but feeling weak is not ALS.

I am really thankfull for your answers, is helping me a lot.
I saw the part of the sticky saying: "Atrophy, or muscle wasting, is a frequent early symptom of ALS"... thats why I was worried... but in this case the atrofy has to be located right? Not overal I would guess... Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back