Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
us
State
ny
City
new york
So this is my story. I am 21 years old. 8 months ago twitching started in my right leg. It then spread to body wide twitching. It stayed constant in my legs but would get worse in my arms etc. It seemed to calm down or somewhat go away for a month or so. It has now been 8 months and the twitching is still lightly there in my right leg but now I am having a more difficult time lifting my right foot and walking feels awkward. Also when driving lifting my right foot off the gas pedal is uncomfortable and is very tiring. When I stand on my left heel its quite easy but on my right is far more difficult and my foot shakes. Its almost like I take strides naturally with my left but its heavier with my right. I got an EMG 6 months ago but only because of the twitching there was no weakness yet. I can still sprint but its more uncomfortable. I think this is the beginning of ALS. I heard it can take months even years for any real noticeable weakness. Do you think after 8 months there would be clinical weakness? Is this ALS

sometimes pointing my foot outward when walking is better.The straight on lift is hard though.

Best go back to you doctor and get checked - truly we are strangers on the internet who can't see you (no photos or video thanks).

It could be so many other things, in fact, at 21 it will be something else, but I think it's best for a doctor to examine and tell you that. The EMG would have shown ALS already. Best of luck.

Could this be the first sign of foot drop?

Perhaps it is the start of a footdrop, but it is certainly not the start of ALS.

Put ALS out of your mind and ask your GP medical doctor to get to the bottom of whatever this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back