Old 06-05-2016, 03:16 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Saint Louis
State: Missouri
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Midhat11 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default I'm scared I might have als

It has been almost a year now that I started having a numb feeling in both of my legs. Every since then I've been getting really scared. I had a doctors appointment & they said it was nothing to worry about just to get enough sleep and eat well. Every since about 2-3 months ago my arms and legs have been getting a pin and needle feeling. They also have been falling asleep quickly if i sleep on my arm or if I sit on one of my legs for a short amount of time. My neck has become stiff & if I move my head around a lot if begins to strain. Also recently have started to get muscle twitches.i am really scared & don't know what to do. I've not been able to sleep good because of it. During the day I get pretty tired/fatigue. I don't really know if my muscles are getting weaker.When i lift heavy things and then later close my hand, I have trouble opening the hand back up.i have anxiety because of this & im just not sure what is wrong with me. Please post your thoughts & what I should do.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:23 PM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: I'm scared I might have als

Also I have been having back pains.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:54 PM #3 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud of
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud ofShiftKicker has much to be proud of

Please read the stickies at the top of the Do I have ALS section titled "READ BEFORE POSTING". Your questions will be answered there.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:13 PM #4 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
KimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud ofKimT has much to be proud of

Nothing you describe sounds remotely like ALS. Do you exercise every day? If not, you should. See your doctor about anxiety.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, anxiety, back, falling, fatigue, lift, muscle, muscle twitches, muscles, scared, sleep, twitches, wrong