Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
London
City
London
Dear all,

So I decided a month ago not to bother anyone who has been given the horrible ALS with my worries. Today however, I am so scared, unable to take care of my family and just dont see the point in living so I decided to seek your advise. If you find this rude or anything, please just ignore my post and dont think a am unsensitive.

So my story: I am a 29 year old male. 2 months ago the bottom of my feet started twitching. After a couple of weeks these spread to my calves. The twitching is constant and looks like worms under my skin. I did 2 EMGs. Both showing fasciculations in my calves and complex repetative discharges (whatever that is). Neither my neuro or the neuro who did the EMG thought this was related to ALS, but asked me to wait and see. Then, over the last month and a half, the fasciculations have slowly spread up my thighs. Started around the knees and now in the whole muscles. So I have now constant twitches in my feet, calves and thighs, having steadily progressed. In addition I have the occational fascics in my back, neck, shoulder and arm. Further on, my thighs feel sore and tired.

Then I came across this post
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/5874-cramping-up-muscle-soreness.html

MTPockets (RIP) describes a story just like mine that turned out to be ALS. Steady peogression of fascics from feet and up legs BEFORE atrophy and weakness.

What are your thoughts around this? Is his story a common one for ALS?

Common ,no.And The big difference I see immediately is he did not go at once to the neuro It sounds as if the first time he did go and have an emg he was told ALS

twitching on it's own means nothing.

For every Mt Pockets that ends up with ALS after twitching there are hundreds of thousands that don't. It's like saying I know someone who had a headache and it was brain cancer.

Thanks for replying guys. I really appreciate your input:)

Regarding complex repetitive discharges (CRD). Does anyone have some insight into what this is? Is this often seen i ALS?

I have tried to find google answers, but there are inconsistencies regarding the diagnostic significance and relation to ALS..

BR
Jumping

I re-read your post. If you don't feel like going on that tells me you have severe depression along with accompanying anxiety. You've already been to a neurologist. If you have questions about the EMG you should contact him/her. You should also see your PCP and get the depression/anxiety treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back