Learn about ALS
Country
TH
State
Bkk
City
Bangkok
Hi guys,

Been on here a few times and unfortunately back one more time however im scheduled to go in for a 4th Emg tomorrow over a span of almost 2 years the first emg i did was in aug 2014 and the last one was in november 2015, first 3 didnt find anything that would suggest a motor neuron Disease

but the last one did find some nerve damage in my hand and a positive sharp wave which the doctor at the time attributed to the nerve entrapment however he said he still cant be sure and needs to do a 4th one to see if things have changed, mainly one side of my body is showing signs of weakness, twitching and some atrophy,

anyhow i will know how things go tomorrow hopefully i would not need to come back on here but if i do im glad to know theres so many nice people on here willing to help and give advice to folks who are in the process of getting diagnosed or have been given a diagnosis.

Thanks for listening and praying for a good result

Dear all,

Hopefully this is my last time on here but before I sign off I just wanted to share my results with some of you who are going thru similar problems, firstly my problems have been so broad and severe and has affected my whole body which included twitching, weakness, swollowing issues, hand weakness , feeling of foot drop , also it turned into all that affecting only one side of my body which was even more alarming.

Anyhow I went thru 3 Emgs at different hospitals and the best doctors who are experts about such things over the past year, one of them suggests I get fourth today given that my condition was getting much worse, I had almost told myself that I have ALS 100% when I went in and had prepared myself for bad news.

The doctors focused my left side which is the one that has been bothering me , he did the ncv and Emg both came back pretty much normal the only thing he picked was my old problem with the ulnear nerve entrapment and remarkably that has improved as well compared to the last Emg, the only other thing he found was that I might have neck issues which I should get looked at as he saw minor pulses on the Emg, he said most of the issues with my arm could be due to that but specifically told me ' I DONT HAVE A MND' at the moment, and after 4 Emgs and 2 years I doubt I will anytime soon.

That being said for anyone reading this its best not to jump to conclusions or get on here looking for answers from people who are suffering from this disease or have lost loved ones to it, no doubt if your in the process of getting diagnosed it's good to get some feedback from here but the best thing you can do is work with your doctor and get to the bottom of it ,99% of the time it will be nothing or something else and most of those things are harmless or treatable.

Thanks for listening and Praying for everyone suffering from this terrible disease

Fly, be free, live a wonderful life, twitches and all Robb.

Thanks for updating us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back