One sided atrophy and fascis. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackswan

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
st petersburg
City
st petersburg
I am a 27 yo male with a few concerning symptoms.

-Developed bodywide twitching in late 2013. Assumed it to be bfs.
Noticed right quad atrophy in May 2015
-GP observed atrophy behind my right shoulder upon examination in Nov 2015. I passed all the mini-neuro exams, and not referred to see a neuro.

I still have (some) body wide twitching and atrophy is visible. I also suspect atrophy in right calf and bicep.

I have not shown any signs of weakness. I have increased my pull- and push up-reps, and I can run 3km as fast as always. I am very active. Never had the feeling of tripping or dropping things.

Does this sound like an MND presentation?

Best regards.

Left side of body is more "fit", with no atrophy. I currenty have a physically challenging job in the Middle East, and I feel I have no loss in strenght. This is also confirmed through testing of strenght in deadlifts and squats. Sorry for posting twice! Internet sucks in the desert, and my phone is acti g all weird!

Not even close to how ALS would present, I'm so happy to say.

If you are not satisfied with your doctor, see a new one.
If you have atrophy there are many causes, and working in the flesh with a doctor is the only way to solve this.

Might want to revisit your position when you lift, and your sleeping posture, to ensure even distribution of weight/load. But in re ALS, you're in the clear.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks to both of you, Laurie and Tillie! I do appreciate your quick and helpful responses!

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back