Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MT
City
Helena
Well, I am Back. and I continue to have issues.. major twitiching all over my body.. it even wakes me up at night. throat continues to get worse. and still no diagnois.

I have had swallowing issues since Oct. a bad MRI - it showed high intense signal in Cortical spinal Track and my voice continues to go back and forth being hoarse. I also slur my speech some. I went to a speech pathologist and he said right side of my mouth and tongue are losing strength. muscle pains cramp.. hardness in my muscle really weird feeling and fatigue. I don't under stand still no diagnosis and they say they have ran out of other options but cant diagnosis ALS.. I even sent ALS Facebook a video of my muscles twitching. they referred to Rockwood- Dr Carlson.. but I cant get in until June 21.. I am soo frustrated.. what do I do.

waiting for something to come of this is hard enough and then wondering if it is the worst.

Karlasue- What are you asking people here to do?
I've looked over your past posts, and you are doing what is required- seeing doctors and getting tests. While frustrating and stressful to wait, you have an appointment in June to get answers from someone who can see you in person and answer your questions. It can be difficult to wait, I understand.

I guess I am just looking for Answers.. what are the chances it isn't ALS.. I pretty much feel doomed.

I go from day to day ...wondering. I had a EMG in March.. but my Twitching started the end of March.. My EMG was good then.. what are the chances it will be bad now?

Unlikely a new EMG will show anything different from the one in March. EMG's can pick up abnormalities long before a person starts experiencing symptoms.

hon you just need to stay as calm as possible, maybe see a counsellor or start doing some volunteer work with people who need help. This may help as you wait for yet another appointment.

The EMG would have picked it up - twitching means NOTHING. You are distressing yourself over that side of things.

You won't find answers here - except the ones we have given. Strangers on the internet can't do any more. I am sincerely sorry it is so hard for you. Only doctors can work this out with you, if they can't, we certainly can't.

Let us know once you have had your next appointment and what the results were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back