Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
SC
City
Mauldin
Hey everyone,

I've been twitching for nine years. No weakness at all, and went to a neuro and was cleared back in 2008 after a few follow up appointments. However, since that time I had a fourth degree relative and my mom pass from what was thought to be ALS. My mother was 61 and my great-aunt was 78. There's 38 other people over the age of 50 that all descend from my great grandparents and no one else is affected. My grandfather on that side passed at 76 from lung cancer and both great grandparents on that side passed from natural causes in their mid to late 80s.

My question is this; I know twitching for 10 years off and on for a long time is no guarantee that something unrelated won't develop in the future. I'm sure there has been someone with anxiety related twitches that has gone on to later develop ALS because ALS apparently accounts for 1/375 deaths. However, is it likely that the twitches that have been going on since I was 18 ( I turn 28 Friday ) are more from anxiety? I hardly noticed them but after the recent passing of my mother my anxiety has gone in to full gear. I wouldn't say they have changed in any meaningful way, and for a long time I didn't notice them at all hardly. They just seem to come on a lot during stressful times.

Thanks for any input.

"is it likely that the twitches that have been going on since I was 18 ( I turn 28 Friday ) are more from anxiety?"

Anxiety, yes.
ALS, ten years? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back