Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
PT
State
Lisbon
City
Lisbon
Briefly, and in order to understand, 10 years ago that did not use any drugs. However my 17 to 27 years consume huge heroin, cocaine and benzodiozipinas. The used drug was smoked, silver / tin. I went through various detoxification processes, in short, were years filled me with drugs. In these 10 years I feel someone else. As work at home on your computer since 5 years now, I spend the day sitting, get up to eat, lie down and sit. In conclusion I am ultra sedentary. One thing that come to repair already from the time of consumption is that I have a very sensitive reflexes. If I have distracted and my wife get behind and give me a pat on the shoulder I am able to make a leap for example. This type of situation began after a few years in the consumption of heroin. Also even then my left leg went to sleep a lot. Often when I got up I took a stretching in that area, it seemed that the muscle tension or were in a knot. The years passed and the leg has improved, I feel that is not 100%, but was improving. At the time I did a CT scan to the brain and everything was OK.

So now these last five years spending a lot of time sitting, I notice that certain positions arms and even the fingers are a little numb, tingling. Standing up or shifting them end up spending. 1 week ago, I felt the tip of my tongue a shudder how it feels in the eyelids, but little thing. How am hypochondriac anything seems to me much, but I'm always alert. I passed and now I notice that I feel the small twitching or spasms throughout the body. Now one arm, now the leg of the opposite side, sometimes on the belly, sometimes in the neck and also the eyelids. There are twitching / tremor followed not constant, but it is something here and there.
I feel good, without any loss of strength. Since I felt these tremors began to practice exercise, bike and push-ups and do not feel any weakness. To each pedal can say more and do more set of push-ups. The muscles of the palms sometimes seems to feel a pain, as if to give a cramp, but maybe the physical effort that I'm not used to. After all with all this 20 years ago that I do not practice physical exercise.

There are a few days I went to the hospital to complain and the doctor made ​​me some reflection of tests including babinski and the result was negative .

I hope you do not take this the wrong way , but each case is different and would like to know your opinion .
So far I feel these are fasciculations that I reported and sometimes a pain here or there in the muscles , but a light thing .

The position I have adopted all these last years sitting is not correct , I can already confirm.

Thank you all.

OBs: I used google translate ( sorry for any mistake )

Maybe the google translate did not a good work....

I come here because I know all you are "expert" about this materia. I know a lot of you have ALS and others just here to help
Also I read a post about the first ALS sinthomps.. I read the 3 posts of open topic user and I felt happy but than I read all comments and it seems theere are ppl who began just with fasficulations ..... sorry
I am hipocondriad and paranoid

Any help please

Well done for giving up drugs.

Nothing you have said sounds like ALS which is great.

All the best with finding answers with the help of your doctor.

Congratulations on kicking your addictions, You should be proud. That's the good news. The bad news is that having taken all these drugs causes changes both physical and chemical in your brain. Some of that is permanent. The effects can linger for the rest of your life. Is it possible you have a neurological condition, but I would approach it from the point of recovering addict and not ALS. Good luck.
Vincent

Thanks for the answers.
I am 37 years old so 10 years passed without drugs and I was addicted for 10 years.
I believe I could have some neurologic disturbs . As I said if someone just come from behind and touch me when I am paying not attention I just jump, not really jump but like I had extreme sensitive reflexs.

Also I mentioned I smoke it in silver / tin ( sorry for the translate ) and I believe it had some dangerouse chemics.

But well this is a ALS forum and not about drugs ahaha... Im just mention that you can understand a litlle of me.

However ALS have nothing to do with drugs.
But my fear is that I feel fasciculations , that symptom is described in all the interner as the first or the one of the firsts in almost all people.
Thats why I got scared.

Hipocondriac activated.

Thanks for your support and hope you all the best.

As you know the silver/tin is heavy metals, which are dangerous and as Vincent said, can have lasting effects even apart from the drugs. I would look to diet, exercise, sleep and stress as factors that you can change, and that can change the effects that your twitching has on you. And if you can get out more, help others, relate to music, art, dance, theatre or anything else that takes you outside yourself, your twitches will likely be less important to you.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back