Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
us
State
new mexico
City
santa fe
OK about 2 years ago I couldn't swallow pills like advil. Then I got a tingling feeling that affected the bottom of my left arm and my pinky and neighbor finger. Now I got it in my left ankle and right big toe. I wake up with my ankles locked and calls tight. More importantly even though I have feeling in my hands, I feel like I'm going to drop stuff. This morning I needed two hands to drink a cup of water, and I now still feel like I'm going to drop it with two hands. It's super uncomfortable. Same when I smoke a cig. I can't eat at family functions cut I start shaking and drop the food. I wake up at times where I'm gasping. Should I be seen or am I just freaking out?

My shoulders get numb too and I wake up gasping at times, it comes and goes.

If you are saying you are telling us all of this but haven't seen a doctor yet, then um yes, go see a doctor!

It's nothing like ALS, so that is great, it's something you can go get fixed, but probably should be treated sooner than later.

I did go to urgent care. I'm losing most my strength in my left hand, and the weird tingling now is in my ankle on my left side, and my right toe. Today I needed two hands to drink a couple of water other wise I thought I'd drop it. I mean I felt the cup gripped it, but I started shaking. Anyway I failed the toe test, the dull and sharp one, this is what the docs paperwork said.intention tremors, ataxia, dysmetric in my left hand. Cranial nerves 2-8 and 11-12 grossly intact. He did blood work, for b12 deficiency came back normal, now I need to go to a neurologist for a mri. Says might be ms or als.

Says tremor r25.1, weakness r53.1, fatigue r53.83 what ever that means

Not ALS. Read the sticky post stuck to the top of this subforum titled "Read Before Posting."

Can't imagine anyone would call this ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back