Reason
Other
Country
CZ
State
Czech Republic
City
Milevsko
Hello everyone, i am 21 yo guy and i have still more and more problems last time. Before 2 years i was diagnosted with crohn disease. Now i have some symptoms of ALS i think.

1, I must clear my throat for more than 1year know, there is always mucus in the back of my throat which i must spit out. (never care about it, was just thinking it is some Crohn thing, now i know it can be connected with something much worse. i must do it still more and more often last days. Mucus is yellow after morning, rest of the day its clear

2, before 40days i started with fasciculations, 3days in my left quad only, next days every part of my body twitch sometimes, but mainly my quad and calves , if i do light contraction of my calf i can see constant minor moves of every piece of muscle in my calf. i noticed fascics even at relax tongue

3, last 20 days i constant feel like somethink is in my throat, it dissapear when i eat

4, last days if i sing a song or talk with someone, i just lose my voice and must clear my throat, afterthat i can speak normal again

5, food get stuck in my throat sometimes and i must swallow second time

I was at neuro he did some blood test, everythink was ok. I have EMG at 4th May but hand and leg only. (i was at neuro only with fasciculations problem, didnt know that clearing my throat can be connected with it and other symptoms show lately after my visit at neuro..).

If i have bulbar, will it show from leg or hand EMG?

What is your opinion, can it be ALS?

I know i am young for this, but there are some young ALSers and that symptoms scares me alot, beucase i cant find other disease causes this.

Thank you for answers.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced. Is your tongue paralyzed? Look in the mirror and move i up, down, left, right.

You can't find another disease because you're not a doctor.

No it is not, i can do it.

I'm happy to say, despite whatever you have found to read on the net, your symptoms don't even sound remotely like any ALS onset.

Good luck with your doctors finding whatever is going on.

Thanks for answers. I hope you are right and EMG will be fine.

A limb EMG will show if there are problems with the motor nerves generally, which would include the nerves related to speech and swallowing that you are worried about. But I imagine it will be fine.

Assuming it is, you might try allergy medication and drink more liquids. For the fascics, likewise the best remedy is often hydration, sleep and a good whole foods diet.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back