Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
SP
State
Madrid
City
Torrejon
Hello to everyone. I have doubt about my situation. My left quad have Atrophy (my GP said this, but she doesn´t worry about it), i use this leg perfectly, i can walk, up stairs, walks on heels, walk faster.I have twitches in all body, included the legs. I have another problem, when I talk sometimes tripped words of pronounce incorrectly, is not all the time, but never happen to me before. I talk fine but sometimes tripped or stumble words (this symptoms appears 15 days ago). I read when slurred speech begin is not comes and goes, but other people said if possible starts stumbles few words and time after (months) really appears slurred speech all the time. I have constant clearing thoat. My tongue doesn´t have atrophy and I can move perfectly my tongue. I´m 41 years old. Thanks for read my message and sorry for my bad english.

I cant edit this message for this reason i wrote new message in the same post, sorry for this. I went to the neurologist two days ago and the clinical exam was good, normal reflexes, no weakness and not jaw jerk, she referred for EMG and yesterday the neurofisiologist did that, in my four limbs and all ok. My concerns is about my tripped words o mispronounces certains words during the day (i have 20 days in that situation), i can repeat the word tripped or mispronounce later without mistakes, the neuro doesn´t see twitches in my tongue, my concerns is about I read many cases here with people with Bulbar onset that starts with falling few words and months later develops true slurred speech. Ok, my EMG was clean but in limbs not in bulbar zone, my neuro said when bulbar starts if possible to catch in EMG in limbs, but i don´t sure about it. Thanks for reading my message.

marfan you have been coming here for 2 years.

I trip on words a lot, particularly when a bit tired. That is nothing like slurred speech, they are totally unrelated.

You had an EMG 2 years ago - clean.
You had a new EMG just now - clean.

I think that's over and out mate.

Thanks for your reply Tillie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back