Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TN
City
Chattanooga
So I made a thread around this past Christmas about concerns I had with a nuero disease. I did a silly think like a lot of people and searched my symptoms and wound up here scared to death that I had ALS/MS. I apologize ahead of time if this post is irrelevant or unhelpful. First and foremost I would like to say the symptoms I was experiencing around Christmas are sill existent. I have muscle twitches in my shoulders, stomach, legs, neck, and sometimes on my face. I am currently on Zoloft and Aprozolam. I sometimes experience a "heavy feeling" in my left arm or leg and they're often sore. Always the left. I went to the neuro and she said the physical was good, had an MRI which was also good. Yet here I am. I'm still so so worried that I've got some neuro disease. I'm just looking for answers. Perhaps reassurance or guidance. My PCP is confused. She can't determine what these issues could be. I've even went and saw seperate doctors and they're all puzzled. I am almost always twitching somewhere. My hands are shakey, and I'm just a mess.

also, the neuro said that the MRI showed no sign of MS and she scheduled me and EMG for May 16th.

Well, Diego, good news. The initial response that LGELB gave you still applies. I don't see any reason to worry about ALS or any other terminal illness.

I suspect that the reason your doctors are telling you "I don't know" is because your history of symptoms doesn't fit into a physical disease known to mankind.

Two relevant questions: 1) How old are you, and 2) What's the Aprozolam for?

@atsugi I am 21 years old. The aprozalam is for Post Tramatic Stress. Thanks for the quick response.

Yeah...
Diego, 21 is really young for ALS. I think the EMG will be used to look for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back