Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Phoenix
Does this look like muscle atrophy? I know no one here is a doctor. I am waiting to see a neuro. I twitch all over and have really bad cramps in my calves, hands, and feet.

Lately I feel like my hands look like they don't have much muscle, and my right hand kinks in at the side.

Is this atrophy? I feel like my hand kinks in at the lower left.

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2,075
I take it your left hand has the fatty bump at the bottom? This pic just shows the natural assymetry of the body, I think.

No the other hand does not kink in like this one does at the bottom left. Does this look like atrophy? I feel like my hands look like they have no muscle. Very bony

Best to wait for a doctor to check this.

No one is symmetrical so a dent on a hand may mean nothing.

If a doctor finds clinical weakness, they may decide to investigate.

Twitching means nothing. Please read the sticky at the top of this forum section.

As Tillie said, clinical weakness is hallmark. You can't have atrophy without weakness. Are you finding it difficult to use that hand for everyday tasks; opening a water bottle, lifting a coffee cup, turning a car key? If not, you have no worries. No weakness, no ALS.

Vince

I would say my hand feels extremely stiff all the time. It is stiff when I move my fingers and my hands cramp constantly, although my right side is more impacted for sure. I also have a hard time with things that are small like opening a door with keys and drop things often.

My body feels weaker and when I lift my arms or go on my tip toes my body trembles.

My calves constantly cramp and it's painful and my legs always feel stiff. My calves get so bad I wear compression socks which does help a little. The cramping is very bothersome.

I twitch all over. Calves, arms, stomach, eyelids, even my buttocks!

Did you read the sticky post stuck to the top of this forum titled "Read before posting." No. Please read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back