Swofto

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
City
New York City
Hey everyone :)

I keep telling myself that I worry far too much but I thought I'd post something here just to see what others think. Since around February I've been experiencing a rather large range of symptoms, some of which can be attributed to ALD/MND and some of them that aren't as closely related.

At the start of February I started to experience a slight pain in my lower abdomen. I thought nothing of it and just thought of it as one of those pains that you get for a short while and then they go away. But the pains got worse and worse and I started to experience headaches. Usually on the right side of my head. I started to take it a bit more seriously but ALS never crossed my mind. This continued until around march when the headaches and stomach pains died down (I still get the aches once in a while buy not as frequently as before). So I started to feel better about myself as I thought that was the end of it. But recently I've been getting aches in my arms. My right arm being where most of the ache is situated. I also started to notice that my right arm got tired far quicker than it used to, and objects tend to feel slightly heavier in that arm as well. This started only about a week ago. My hand is also far less dexterous than it was about two weeks ago, feeling stiff quite a lot and making typing a bit of a chore. Also, for the past month I've been experiencing small muscle twitches all round the body. At times my jaw would twitch and lock up, or a tiny muscle spasm would appear somewhere on my body or my arm would just jerk randomly.

My doctor said the pains would probably clear up after a while but I've been getting the pains for around two months and I just keep developing more and more random symptoms. ALS has started to cross my mind with the weakness but I was looking for some of your thoughts on this stuff.

Thanks all :)

You're right that ALS doesn't seem in the picture. But you should be worked up to rule out another systemic basis for your symptoms. If your current GP doesn't want to, find one that will.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back