Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Dallas
Hey everyone,

I am a 26 year old female and was wondering what your experience has been with quivering tongue. At rest in mouth my tongue jumps a little but but nothing major. When my tongue is stuck out it quivers a lot. I was wondering if this is a first sign? I don't know what else would cause my tongue to quiver like this. My speech is okay thus far.

Couple observations from my experience here:
First, although it is possible for a 26 year old to have ALS, it is so rare that I scoff loudly at the prospect.
Second, some people send in videos of quivering tongue, and not one has come back to report actual ALS.
So my own amateur answer (I'm not a doctor) is to say that quivering tongue is not a first sign of ALS.

If you're really concerned that your life is endangered by ALS, you might want to see a doctor. It also occurs to me that a dentist would know if your tongue action is unusual or not.

Thanks. They think I may have Lyme disease. I was just wondering what else can cause quivering tongue

Some quivering of the tongue is normal. Ask to look at your family and friends tongues. An interesting social experiment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back