Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
IN
State
Maharashatra
City
Mumbai
My Dad (63), I suppose had ALS. he had stiffness on the calves and visible mussel atrophy on the left. The left side of his body is effected and no traces of weakness or atrophy, numbness, loss of strength seen on the right side. He does not have problems swallowing, breathing or talking.
A few days back the heaviness on his leg was completely gone, but he had severe pain on the knee and groin region. Also, he is way better form where he started. He couldn't walk, now movement has improved he gives himself an 8/10.
The muscle loss seen on the base of the thumb is filling up .
What concerns me is the EMG mentions the site mainly to be the anterior horn cell.
I am concerned !!! please help.

Walking does not improve and muscle does not return with ALS. The only increase in size would be if there were swelling. If your dad had and EMG, I would expect the neurologist to have seen indications of ALS if it was there. Also, while pain does come with ALS (as a side effect), numbness does not. I would forget about ALS, be grateful that your dad is improving, and ask his physicians what they think the cause it. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back