Other
Country
PAK
State
Fed
City
Isb
Hello!
It started with minor twitches over my arms (and legs occasionally), I had started stationary cycling before that, used to ride for 30-40 mins (kept doing it for around 20 days). Those twitches turned into mini (no to mild pained) spasms with little stiffness in arms, legs and right part of chest. With the twitching and relatively weakened legs/arms, I left the cycling with fear of over-doing it. I also feel pins-pricking/mini-burning sensation in my legs and arms which still exists.
But Within a week or two after that (esp after I ran around 300-400 meters over an un-even track), it started to hurt more in arms and legs. I began to feel tightness over the upper part of my arm, twitches in the limb of legs. I also had difficulty swallowing food though doctors said that its because of the inflammation+infection of throat and being treated by anti-biotic for that (swallow-ability is better now but not recovered and I am reaching the end of course. I went to a GP for that and he without any test said that its due to vitamin/calcium deficiency and prescribed me ensure supplement and pain-killer for such pains. Ibuprofen did managed to reduce pain in arms/legs but for last 1/2 days its unable to do so. I feel like someone is pulling arms/leg from inside (lower-legs, upper arms - limbs only get occasional painless twitches). Due to such strain over arms/legs, I am unable to have proper sleep which is also causing heavyhead. My arms/legs are getting visibly weak, its bothersome to walk now, I may injure my bone if I try to run in such weakness (there's no numbness though). I have tried playing badminton for 15-30 minutes, I was able to do minor jumps/big steps but I felt more pain after that. Can it be something ALS or ALS-like or its simply supposed to be a deficiency that would go with time? I don't feel tremors but my little finger of left hand do feel a little odd and I feel uncomfortable with other hands/feet fingers at times (although there's no noticeable deformation).

I am 26/27 - Non-smoker/Non-drinker, and I have never heard anyone having ALS in my counter. But this ever-increasing legs/arms pain along with losing mass has started to worry me about something sinister. I haven't been to see a neurologist yet.

That's not ALS.
You have a lot of pain. In ALS, a muscle stops working, but there is no feeling, no pain, no burning, no pin-pricks.
Twitches and tremors happen in many diseases, so that's not ALS.
I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose you, but I know ALS fairly well, and you did not describe ALS.

Thank you! The pain is under control with medicines, but the lack of control/numbness sensations are much more now along with twitches. Kicks are turning into flying kicks with weird control. I hope its not any other of MNDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back