Learn about ALS
Country
Us
State
New york
City
Seaford
Hello
I'm new to this forum and just have a few questions I'd like to put out there that I can get some input on and hope not to offend anyone. I'm a 28 yo male and approximately three weeks ago my left eye started to twitch on and off up until this point. A few days later my left thigh began to twitch all over sometime one big twitch other times a rapid fire of smaller fingers twitches which led to what feels like some minor tightness and what seems to be minor weakness. Those were the only symptoms up until yesterday when the same thigh began to cramp up all day long. I have experienced twitches in other parts of the body such as arms opposite thigh and calves but not occurring nearly as frequently as my left eye and thigh. If anyone could give me any feed back whether or not they feel these could be initial symptoms or too much too soon in just a few weeks would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hi Sean. Sorry you're worried about this. It doesn't sound like ALS to me. Twitches are so very common that despite what Dr Google says they don't mean you're getting a very rare disease. If you want to learn more to ease your mind please read the sticky posts at the top of this forum... after you do that I think you'll find you're worrying about nothing. Take care.

Sean, Bill is absolutely right. Many conditions involve twitching. Even healthy people twitch. Ask your GP medical doctor, but don't worry about ALS.

I appreciate the responses and understand twitches can be benign and common but should there be an concern about the accompanying muscle cramps?

I don't know why you cramp, but it isn't ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back