00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Renfrew
Hi,

I initially thought I wanted to come on here and get some reassurance, I read the sticky, and thought, well I certainly don't belong here. My symptoms are only 7 weeks old, involve twitching in both calves and elsewhere in the body left calf tightness that is worsening with time. I was freaked about ALS, still am honestly, but that's not why I am here today. I probably have an anxiety flare up so I'm managing that first.

I read a lot of the previous posts and the first thing I really want to say is that the folks that respond to those of us up in arms about potentially having ALS are top notch. Thank you for doing this.

The second thing I wanted to say is: If your doctor prescribes an anti-anxiety medication such as Zoloft or Effexor, please please please consider taking it while you ride this roller-coaster of diagnosis with your respective doctors. While we are obsessed about our health, what we are really being robbed of is TIME. We are missing the good things in life that we could be experiencing rather than trolling these forums for some answers/reassurance/etc. I have found these medications have been instrumental in helping me be able to live my life even while thinking I have some incurable disease. Yes, this is my fourth go around with symptoms and health anxiety. Medication helped me get through each one and be functional while I ran the gauntlet.

Anyways, thanks for having this forum. I hope that all of us get to the place we need to be in the end. Dr. Google is not so helpful when it comes to rare diseases like ALS - there's a lot of conflicting information. Try not to do it, but look at me, here I am.... easier said than done.

Well said. Thank you.

Thanks for circling back, Mocha. You make a good point. For those here whose precious time ALS is stealing away, that's bad enough. To see people without ALS stealing their own time is really sad.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Mocha,

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for a very wise post that so many visiting people should read.

Katy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back