Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Pittsburgh
Hello all. I would appreciate any and all help. I have had ongoing 'weakness' or fatigue sensations into my right wrist and right ankle. I have also had intermittent body wide twitching. I saw my gP that sent me to neuro. Neuro completed MRI on head and neck. NCV test, EMG and blood work. All negative. Symproms continued. Repeat emg completed and NCV completed again. About 6 months later. All negative. I have also had dizziness. I have had multiple neuro exams.
The most ongoing anxiety driving symptom is the right hand and right foor weakness/fatigue. I can still walk normally However my right side fatigues and begins to feal like I ran a marathon with only that side.

This has been ongoing for 2.5-3 years. All tests have been repeated Howevsr only MRIs repeated again recently due to dizziness. I have no tingling However the twitching is back. I feel like my right foot is shrinking as my right shoe feels loose when compared to left. Please help. I am In major panic
Does this sound like Als ? I am 31 year old female.

Hi, Scared. What's it been, three years now? Lots of clear EMGs and neurologists who said you don't have ALS.
Please note that the people you used to speak with on this forum are no longer with us. Yet your chief complaint is a decidedly non-ALS symptom: your hand and foot can move normally, but they get really tired.

Did I summarize that alright?

Actually looking at your huge posting history here it's been going on 4 years and not a single ALS symptom - I've just reviewed your history closely.

Please, have some respect.

Only your doctor can address your major panic, and that is your issue.

I am sorry for anyone I angered or offended. I apologize. I am seeing a councelor... Ongoing to help with panic. I came back here because of the weakness that I hvs in my foot and hand. I am assuming with als you Are saying I would be much further along and have severe disabilities by now.
I am just so lost with how/what this could be. Thank you for you time

Please bring your counsellor here and shown him/her this new thread you have started. It will be a great way for this person to begin helping you with your issues.

Of course you would be further along, this terminal illness has an average survival time of 2-5 years and so you think at 3 years in you would have just vague symptoms? My husband was dead 11 months after diagnosis.
I hope you counsellor can help you with your panic, I am sorry you are battling a very real health issue, but so glad for you it is one that can be treated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back