Reason
Other
Country
SLO
State
City
M.S
Hello,

i am 26 years old and am worried about some symptoms last few months. It all began 4 to 5 months ago with digastive problems (pain in the stomach, going many times to the toilette but not diares). Of course self diagnosis with dr. google did no help to lower the worries and anxiey. Thought the worse case scenario
Then in the late december i got symptoms that led me to this forum. I had pain in the knees and ankles, strange feelings in the legs and arm. They felt heavy. Mostly legs. Ocasional a muscle twiches that moves my legs or torso. Few days later i also notices tinnitus (noise sound that i hear in silent enviroment). Visit to the er and neuro doc found nothing. I also have sind the sumet strange feeling in the face like a numbnes. I can walk and move normaly. It just the feeling of heacy legs somethimes. Last few days i also have burning sensatio on the tip of the tongue and slight speaking problema or at least seems so to me. I also feel dizzy for a moment and when i stand it feels like i am moving back and forth. I think i suffer from healthanxiety because this problems cause me many worries and stress las few months. I also have problems with my stomach (gerd). Had any one any experi3nce like that or someone thinks whta could cause such problems ?

Have a nice day. And sorry for my poor english.

I think i suffer from healthanxiety because this problems cause me many worries and stress las few months.

You have it right hon, you are suffering and it's anxiety.
ZERO ALS symptoms, please see your doctor and be really honest about your fears.
We can't help you, which is good really, you can work with a doctor and fix this health problem. All the best.

Gefafen, I know exactly the feelings you describe. They can be caused by several things, including diet, allergies, or a reaction to a medication. One key to figuring it out is to ask yourself when the symptoms started and then remember "What changed" at that time. New anti-depressant, perhaps? Look up Burning Mouth Syndrome, too.

But most importantly, recognize that what Tillie said above is absolutely correct. None of your symptoms have anything to do with ALS. At all. Ever. For Sure.

Don't waste time and money going to the ER for little stuff like this. ER docs are trained and equipped to stabilize patients so that they can safely go see their regular physicians. Instead, use a family doctor. A GP medical doctor is trained and experienced in leading health investigations to whatever specialty might be needed.

I'm not a doctor so I won't attempt to diagnosis you. See your family MD. Good luck.

I think i forgot to mention i m also suffering groma globus feeling in the throat and post nasal drip. But i think that this information doesnt change much.

Nice greetings

Can anyone say if this emg report means something ?
20160301_211136.jpg

Have a nice day!

Gegafen, can you put a better picture in DropBox, please? The words on the right side are cut off.

I think i forgot to mention i m also suffering groma globus feeling in the throat and post nasal drip. But i think that this information doesnt change much.

Nice greetings

I don't think you mean groma globus feeling. Can you try translating that again?

Hi, with the globis thing i meant lump in throat.

and here again i post both side of the report from the emg report:

20160301_221130.jpg

<Moderator's Note: Give me a minute to fix this>
20160301_211136.jpg

The last part in slowene means some cronic neural status of the left and right foot and the calfs

Last edited by a moderator:
The system does not take your DropBox. If you put the link in your Visitor Message area in your profile, I'll try to get it from there.

The narrative in Slovenian is: Anamneza
Od konca prejsnjega leta cuti gospod migrirajoce parestexije v rokah in nogah. Navaha tudi obcasne bolecine v ledveno-kriznem delu hrbtenice.
Nevroloski status bp.
Znake zmerne kronicne nevralne okvare detekiram v misicah desnega stopala in blazje v misicah levega stopala ter v misicah mece obojestransko.
KCP obeh n. medianusev je simetricno podaljsan. Ostali parametric nevrogravske analize so bp.
Peiskava govori za smerno kronicno radikularno okvaro korenine L5 desno in blazjo kronicno L% levo. Predlagam narediti TSH in RTG L/S hrbtenice.

Which google translates to:

Medical History

Since the end of the previous year feels Mr. migrating paresthesia in the arms and legs. Example occasional pain in the lumbar-sacral spine.
Neurological status bp.
Signs of moderate chronic neural defects detekiram muscle of the right foot and milder in the muscle of the left foot and muscle swords on both sides.
KCP both n. medianusev is symmetrically extended. Other neuronal parametric analysis bp.
Examination speaks for directional chronic renal radikularno root L5 right and mild chronic L% left. I propose to make TSH and RTG L/S spine.

Not sure if that helps. Perhaps someone can read it?

Last edited:
i will rry to translate ot the best as i can:

The patient feela since the end of the past year migrating parenthesis in the legs and arms. Ocassionaly also a pain in the lower back.

Neurological status: whithout peoblems.

He show signs of minor ceonical neuro damage (or sometnih like that) in the foot muscles left and right and in the both calfs.

There alsosays about some time that is longer than usual in testing of the arms. Other neurographic examination is analysis is whitout problems.

The examination suggests thah thah ther is some ceonical damage to the L5 root (nerv?) left and right

Can you also something say about the numbers in the report ?

Ok as far as I can tell, there are some chronic changes but nothing acute. You have no fibs and no psws so it does not look suggestive of ALS. These chronic changes can be a pinched nerve or nothing. It sounds like they suspect a low back issue. The bit about longer time is not clear but I think it must refer to the nerve conduction testing that is usually done at the same time ( did you have needles and a test where they gave you little shocks?). Abnormalities in that test usually mean something other than ALS if they are significant at all. I don't think there is anything to worry about regarding ALS here. What were you told?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back