Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Wales
City
Cardiff
Dear all,

I am posting here after much hesitancy. I have been trying to stay away from internet browsing since symptoms started!

After noticing some strange symptoms i visited my GP who is referring me to a neurologist.

My symptoms are:
-Strange feeling in tongue to big for mouth, biting tongue/cheeks.
-difficulty swallowing (stiffness in front of throat, often feels tight like its in spasm)
-weakness/stiffness in right hand
-Muscle wasting right arm

and told to me today by the doctor, i have tongue deviation to the right and strong reflexes.

I didnt even know what tongue deviation was! I foolishly went onto the internet and found pictures of ALS/MND.

I am not an anxious person and a single Mum to a beautiful busy toddler. I don't have time to be anxious about myself.

Obviously i am very worried about the outcome of this and looking after my beautiful girl.

Can anyone tell me if tongue deviation means a definate diagnosis of ALS? I know is shouldn't have looked online but im very practical and looking for ways to be positive about it all.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jo

It most defintely does not mean it is definitely MND. As you say you are a busy single mum. Concentrate on your beautiful child as you wait for the neurologist but be assured there are other far more likely causes. Good luck

Thank you for your reply Nikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back