Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wa
City
Seattle
Hello, for the past three months, I have been experiencing muscle twitches all over my body constantly and some tingling in hands and feet. I have seen my gp multiple times who ran labs that ruled out vitamin deficiencies that could be causing the twitches. My gp sent me to a neurologist who examined me but said it was most likely benign so he did not send me for any further testing. I saw him one month ago and since then, twitches are worse and in my fingers now. I also am having a weird spasm sensation in my throat, it doesn't hurt but feels like a quick squeeze and release and repeats every 20-30 seconds and it will last for hours while still experiencing twitches elsewhere in my body.

I've been taking magnesium, vitamin b12, vitamin d (live in Seattle so little sun exposure), and started getting weekly massages and meditating to see calm myself in case it is stress related.

Could these be early symptoms of bulbar onset? Or als?

Thank you. I've read through a lot of the posts and I'm so inspired by how helpful and caring everyone is on here.

"Could these be early symptoms of bulbar onset? Or als?"

Could it? Well, yes. But unlikely. It could be all kinds of much more likely things, or nothing at all.

From the description you've given. I don't see anything to worry about here. Certainly you shouldn't be worried about ALS. Follow up with your GP medical doctor, since you're concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back