Other
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
Hello.

It's your favorite pest, tribes. I was able to see my new PC today. She was extremely patient and understanding. I typed up a timeline, and a list of all my symptoms, along with all my test records. She was very surprised that no one has tested my blood yet. So, she ordered a blood panel for Vitamin D, B12, Magnesium, Potassium, Lime disease, and HIV. She agreed with neurologist regarding ALS. She said it wouldn't present itself the way it has with me. She seemed to think it may all be anxiety (Where have I heard that before?!) So, in addition to the blood panel, she also prescribed me anxiety meds. She wants to see me in a month. I'm having a heard time believing all of this is anxiety. Anyway, I hope this is farewell.

Success. You're on the right path. Stick with it. (And yes, anxiety can cause all that. The brain is really powerful.)

Your new doctor is a keeper. Let's go with what she says.
All the best...farewell.

As I patiently await my blood test

Hello.

Its your favorite pest, Tribes. As I await the results of my blood work, I want to get your opinion about another problem I'm starting to have, as it relates to ALS. For the past few days my neck has been incredibly fatigued. It hurts at times, and only resting it against my hand relieves it. It also seems to hurt when I chew food as well. Also, I've begun to yawn excessively. I understand this to be an early symptom of bulbar ALS. Does this change anything? Does these new problems seem symptomatic of ALS?

Are you still able to talk, eat, and swallow? When those things stop working, feel free to stop by.

Re: As I patiently await my blood test

Hello.

Its your favorite pest, Tribes. As I await the results of my blood work, I want to get your opinion about another problem I'm starting to have, as it relates to ALS. For the past few days my neck has been incredibly fatigued. It hurts at times, and only resting it against my hand relieves it. It also seems to hurt when I chew food as well. Also, I've begun to yawn excessively. I understand this to be an early symptom of bulbar ALS. Does this change anything? Does these new problems seem symptomatic of ALS?

No ALS here. You hurt too much. You're fatigued too much. But you still have perfectly good muscles all around. Read again what Greg said.

So excited to hear that you will live a life much longer than one who has ALS. Anxiety will present its own set of challenges, but once you've decided to accept its diagnosis, you've given every indication that you'll rise above it in good form. Well done... and MOST EXCELLENT!

Jim

UPDATE: Just got my test results back. I have low Vitamin D. I don't think Low Vitamin D is the cause for my twitching and unwell being, so I don't know what to make of this diagnosis.

Low d can wreak havoc with your body and make you feel terrible There is nothing you have reported that other people with low d have not mentioned. I would take my d and be happy

UPDATE: Just got my test results back. I have low Vitamin D. I don't think Low Vitamin D is the cause for my twitching and unwell being, so I don't know what to make of this diagnosis.

Drink a tall glass of milk, enjoy some sunshine, and be thankful it was not ALS...

I disagree. Take your Vitamin D, go out in the sun, enjoy life. Once your D level is up (could take up to six months) see if there isn't some improvement.

This will never end...

Its your favorite pest, Tribes again.

I have successfully stayed away from these forums for a while now, (Longer than I have since the twitching began) but I can't stay away any longer. I seemed to be having increased symptoms. It feels like something is crawling in my face. The feeling isn't consistent, but it happens. Also, I'm having increased tongue sensations. It feels like pulsating activity. When it happens, its usually in one spot, and can occur anywhere on my tongue. Also, increased stiffness on middle finger on right hand (with pain) and stiffness in right big toe (No pain). This morning my voice seems off. The only way I can explain it, is when you try and talk, but need to clear your throat first.

What concerns me, is I don't know if I'm experiencing bulbar onset or limb. And I know I've had an EMG, but sometimes ALS isn't caught. Test do have errors. Does these new symptoms seem like ALS to you all? Should I maybe have another EMG? Please don't bash me. I don't want to keep coming here, as much as you don't want me to post...

Re: This will never end...

Hey there Tribes. Honestly nothing sounds like my experience of ALS or that of anyone I know. Did you have a vitamin deficiency or am I thinking of someone else? If you did get that fixed and anyway work with your new pcp to figure this out.

Re: This will never end...

Hey Nikki... I was low on vitamin D.. Funny thing is, I haven't even started taking vitamin D.. I know, I know, I need to take it. I am going by the store today to pick up some... I just can't shake this ALS thing. Let me ask you this. I have been experiencing symptoms for 6 months now. If this were ALS, would I be experiencing some more troubling symptoms by this point? Or is the time still short?

Just one more questions. When I talk, at times my voice sounds like I just woke up (The sound of just waking up, kinda like that raspy sound.) Its not always like that, but it just started doing this. On top of that, both my hands feel weak. I'm more worried than I've ever been at this point. Here are my questions
1. Does this sound like Bulbar Hoarseness?

2. Is it common for bulbar to start in the voice like this (I've seen most people talk about slurring or difficulty swallowing as a first symptom.

I can still move my tongue fine, swallow, eat..etc BUT, I know those things have NOTHING to do with vocal onset (I don't know the correct term).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back