Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
SRB
State
Serbia
City
Belgrade
Okay, I was today with a neuro FINALLY, after almost 4 months of waiting... He said to me that I'm perfectly fine, he was looking for my strenght and other things, and all was fine. He said, no need for an EMG. And she was looking for fasciculations and said he can't trigger them and that's a good thing! But I said to him that I can trigger them, but he just ignored me, like he don't belive me.
I really can trigger them... Yesterday I pressed my left thenar area, and I got fasciculations there. :/

He said: Anxiety and I need to see a psychiatrists. And something: Fasciculationaes per anamnesim G25!?

Fasciculations are INVOLUNTARY muscle twitches.

I don't 'trigger' my twitches, they just are.

Good. Work on the anxiety.

What country is your doctor from? Fasciculationaes per anamnesim translates to "fasciculations according to memory." No idea what the G25! means.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you're working on the anxiety.

Thanks GregK on your time!

@Atsugi - My doctor is from Serbia. No, thank you!

My only fear is that he said: "Good thing is that I couldn't spot fasciculations when I "punch" your legs, arms, etc. with neurological hammer..."

But I can do that! I mean, if I press my thenar area I get twitching there after 1-2 seconds. Only this fear is left for me. Because, that neuro don't belive me, he was like: We can still do the punching on your skin, and there is no going to be a fasciculations.

Max, your fasciculations and twitches don't worry me at all. They happen in many conditions. They happen to perfectly healthy people.

IF you had ALS at 21 years old, it would be very notable. This disease usually strikes 40-60 year old people. In fact, of the 1800 people I see in my database who have ALS, NONE is as young as you.

All the symptoms you describe can be explained by many other things. Do not focus on a rare disease like ALS.

Frankly, I don't think you have any illness besides anxiety,

Okay... Well, it's time for me to move on with my life. Take care all, and stay strong!

THANKS GUYS for your time! Goodbye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back