Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
Costa Mesa
Hello guys, have heard great things about this forum so I thought I'd give it a try.

It started in December with an eye twitch, but now I am experiencing some widespread muscle fasculations. Mainly in both calves, but it's anywhere from my bicep, neck, face and abdomen. It lasts maybe a minute and goes away and is visible through the skin. No weakness as far as I can tell though I do experience numbness and tingling in my feet. Almost like a buzzing feelings. Also I am experience myoclonic jerks! I am seeing a neurologist who said it would be unusual for it to be ALS. I have an MRI with and without contrast. Normal. An EEG. That was also normal. My EMG is scheduled for next month by I'm too anxious to not do research prior. What do you guys think?

Jacob

I wouldn't worry about it. Twitching is common to many conditions. Twitching is so common, it's not diagnostic of anything. Even healthy people twitch. Try researching some more common disease. I think your neurologist is right.

Keep the appointment for the EMG, but don't worry about ALS while you're waiting.
r

Agree w/ your neuro. The EMG should provide more info on possibilities and you guys can take it from there.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back