00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Wigan
Hi,

I'm here like most, in wanting to know your thoughts on symptoms I'm experiencing. There are a number of things so it may be easier to put it in a list/time line:

Early December;
I start getting twitches in both of my calves. It was a constant twitching, like a rumbling or several twitches a second all the time 24/7. You couldn't see these twitches but I can feel them.

Towards the end of December I started getting twitches in my upper leg, but these are one off twitches which you can see and would happen occasionally. Once every 5 mins to 1 hour.
I also started getting sharp prickly sensation on my skin. At the worse, it felt like my arms and legs was in a scolding hot shower. This ended after 2 days but I still get the odd random single prickle sensation on my skin, this can occur anywhere, head, arms, legs, body.

Early Jan twitches started to move to my upper leg, but these are single twitches which I can usually see and can happen every 1-2 mins or not happen for hours.

Mid Jan, single twitches occurring in lots of parts of my body. Back, arms, legs, shoulder. My calf twitching has improved, but has a slight tingling/throbbing sensation most of the time, and at time maybe burning sensation.

As for my arm, for weeks my right arm feels light, and a little weak, but I have no evidence showing it is. You know when you first wake up and your hand feels a little weak for a short time. My hand feels a little like that most of the time. Picking up things lightly my hand kinda tickles and I question whether I'm holding things tight enough. However I have no problem squeezing things very hard. I can squeeze my hand to a fist hard enough that it hurts.

Other points: I don't seem to have any noticeable weakness, I mean my legs some time feel tired walking up the stairs but, I can still play with my 2 small children, carrying them on my shoulders picking them over my head so they can slam dunk a basket ball, and they weigh 37lb and 50lb. Its tiring and I could do it half a dozen times before I told them I was too tired.

I have noticed I seem to be pulling muscles in my legs easily, and sometime feels like I'm pulling tendons

I have seem a doctor and a neurologist. The neurologist
used a reflex hammer on several locations,
a tuning fork on my body,
Asked to close my eyes and pricked my skin with a pin and asked if it was sharp or dull
And with my eyes closed moved my fingers and toes and asked which direction he was doing it.
We have done blood tests which came back fine.

I hope you can give me some advice or reassurance.
Thanks for your time
Stuart

1. Lots of feelings, there. ALS isn't about sensory problems. It's about muscles failing to contract.
2. You're not complaining of profound weakness, muscles failing to contract.
3. Your neurologist apparently didn't find anything to worry about.
Stuart, I don't see any reason to suspect ALS at all.

Great news is I don't see anything that even remotely suggests ALS in your report on symptoms either.

We have a great sticky at the top of this forum section, please do read that as it addresses your concerns.

Please work with a doctor and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back