Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
City
Sharon
I'm 43. And right after having my baby 15 months ago I noticed some light twitching. Cramps. Anxiety. Then I noticed extreme fatigue . Months later I found out I had low iron and vitamin d. I have been to every doctor every kind. A couple months ago my vision was blurred , store lighting gave me headache , eye floaters . Runny nose. Got Mri all good.
Now I have twitches everywhere . I mean everywhere and cramps sometimes. Limbs feel heavy at times fingers one day feel weak okward one day then not on and off arms ache like wen I lift something I feel it and it aches. Get jolts in my sleep , tremors , jelly legs . I get so scared . And feel like I cannot show this fear to my family
If I start to cry I cannot stop. Im sorry to ask all of you ... I know you mus be so unbelievably sad . You all seem so strong so courageous . You amaze me.
If you could. Can u give me a little help.

Thank you.

I'm sorry. I did not even say hello.
Hello everyone.

Hello
I am sorry you are feeling so unwell.

First, your post was moved because nothing you posted appears to have anything to do with FALS ( hereditary ALS). This subforum has a sticky post at the top you need to read as it addresses many of your issues.

Most of what you mention has nothing to do with ALS. We do not feel weak, rather are weak some muscles just do not work. Nor do we get better.

I can only guess that twitching and cramps brought you here. Both are so incredibly non specific that they are meaningless. If you have seen many doctors you have been examined many times and you mention no clinical findings that would say ALS.
You live in an area where you have access to great doctors. I hope you have a great PCP. I think it is time to revisit that person and review all your symptoms and tests and see what should be next.

As the mother of a little one I am sure sleep,food ,hydration, exercise and relaxation are difficult. Work on optimizing all of those.

Please do not worry about ALS. This really sounds nothing like it

Last edited:
Low or fluctuating iron and/or Vitamin D levels can cause symptoms such as you describe. As Nikki says, find a primary care doc who will help you feel your best on an ongoing basis.

Best,
Laurie

I'm not a doctor but some of what you describe sounds like it might be a Vitamin D deficiency and/or anemia. If I were you I would go to my family doctor and get some blood work done. Remember to tell her/him about how you are feeling (anxiety/depression.)

Nothing you describe sounds like ALS.

Thank you Kim , Laurie , and Nikki. I appreciate you taking your time to help me. I hope I did not seem insincere by asking.
I will pray to God for all of you .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back