Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Wa
City
newport
Well I've been twitching widespread for 7 years...I've never had it checked out because my dr.said after 7 years I would have some other symptoms...my older brother had ALS and said he had twitches for 20 years before he got it...I'm wondering if I'm in big trouble...my dr. Said there was no way he had twitches that long before he had other symptoms. ..I believe he started tripping alot...I have neck pain but I don't have any weakness or atrophy that I'm aware of...I thought I was in the clear with bfs after that long but maybe not...

WW,
I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I'm sure you were a great comfort to him.

It's most likely the twitches signify nothing, as you have read, and as you know, familial ALS wouldn't suddenly show up in just you and your brother. But since it's bothering you, at your next medical appt, ask that your strength be tested to put your mind at ease. And maybe try some gentle neck stretches as it takes very little for pain/tension to center there.

Best,
Laurie

I will try that...thank you for answering. ..I guess they could have come from stress and just won't go away...I feel pretty strong still but I will have the dr. check...thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back