Reason
Other
Country
US
State
florida
City
naples
Thank you so much for this forum could not be more helpful. I’m a 30 year old Brazilian male very active and “health”. December 2015 I had some kind of oral thrush I guess what was never really diagnosed but my friend is a doc and according to my Google researches she gave me 2 rounds of medicine what apparently took care of the problem. At that time my problems started both of my calves started feeling very weird and fatigued but not clinical weakens as I can squat normally heavy waits. Then my doc caught in my blood work that I’m pre diabetic “5.8”. Last Saturday my doc called me saying that my muscle enzymes are high and I need go back for a second test after resting from the gym for 2 weeks. My forearm now and hands have the same feeling that I have in my legs, and left hand is so weird giving me some trouble to type but not clinical weakness as I can lift the same, and squeeze super hard with it and I get a burning sensation in my chest area and forearm.
Please anything is much appreciated. Do I have early stages of ALS?

You do not have any signs of ALS at all.

Thank you so much sir. I really appreciate your fast response. My enzymes being over 3000 when normal levels are 195 really made me freak out specially with all the other problems that i have being experience.... my hand thing is really bothering me, but I feel much better now. Thank you!

Just one more question if you allow me. The feeling of weakness in my legs and hands... but not clinical weakness rules my symptoms out of ALS right?

Please read out sticky.

ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

Thank you so much. I even cried today and you just put a smile back on my face.

question for you guys. ALS starts in one isolated part of the body at time or it can happens in different parts at the same time?

Please read our sticky so we can spend our time supporting those who are terminally ill or caring for those who are. I know you are scared, and even going crazy - please see your doctor for help.

I have to return in 2 weeks for more tests. I do apologize if I bothered you not my intention. Unfortunately even my doc do not spend more then 2 minutes trying to answer my questions and you guys do a great job helping people. God bless you all. Thank you!

Sorry I just have to let it out a little. So afraid and sad and getting depressed . Now my both calves are really hurting pain moved up to my right quads. Left arm, chest, and face burning sensation with a very weird feeling. Left chest hurts more often than it burns. Left muscle neck feeling tight. Most of it showed up in the past week and an half besides the leg feeling that from a kind of perceived weakness turned into pain. Going back for my ck blood work today once it was higher than 3000 ..and next week the doc will send me to a neurologist.

Sounds like you have something up, but not ALS. The best thing i did during the first sign of my symptoms even thru majority of my Dr visits was i stayed off the Internet. I never googled one time and i had 7 peaceful months from symptoms to first mention of MND by doctors. Let the Doctors tell you, get off the internet. All that being said, now that i have been diagnosed i wish i had your symptoms, i wish in the 1000 times i was asked by DRs if i had pain, numbness, tingling, or a burning sensation i could say yes because thats not ALS.

Robby, ALS is a disease in the brain that destroys the nerves which send the "go" signal that contracts our muscles. Without the go signal, the muscle just doesn't move, it lays there limp and useless--that's real weakness.

There's no pain involved. The muscle just doesn't go. There's no feeling of weakness, no feeling of working hard. No weird feeling. It just doesn't go.

Your symptoms involve feeling weak, feeling pain, feeling burning, feeling weird. Not ALS.

Thank you so much guys I really appreciate it. I will keep you guys posted. You guys do a great job for people like me who is afraid and stressed about it. The help that you offer is beyond helpful. God bless you all.

Robby,
Nothing you have said in any of your posts sounds anything like ALS. Your doctor will figure it out but it is NOT ALS. Please don't read this discussion board anymore. It will do you no good.
Blessings,
Kim

Thank you Kim I do appreciate all the time that you and the other guys took to help me. I wish only happiness to every single one of you my friends.

"To be with God is the ultimate goal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back