Reason
Other
Country
US
State
GA
City
Suwanee
I don't really know where to begin.... My father was diagnosed at 60yrs old last year with ALS. Over the pass couple months I have noticed twitching and leg spasms... But I wrote them off as I have had spasms for what seems my entire adult life since high school. I went into the GP about joint pains and the spasms/twitches and every thing was normal but I had CK Levels of 1395. I went online and it pointed me to ultimately MND. I was retested after no exercise the following week and the CK result is 914. I don't feel any perceived weakness but my hands sometimes lock temporarily if i grasp something firmly. I of course went on a fact finding internet mission and landed on youtube videos of neuromuscular exams and with my wife we did them and I didn't seem to have any issues with completing them. I'm really on edge as although my father is the only one that I can recall to ever have ALS in my family, with the results of the elevated CK there doesn't seem to be any other thing beyond a Neuro disorder.

KSLOT, I understand why you're worried. It happens a lot. Sorry about your Dad.

Your doctor didn't see any reason to suspect ALS. Neither do I.

With only one person in the family having ALS, that doesn't make it a "familial" type.

You have the same chance of getting ALS as any other normal person on the street. Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back