Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
Hello all,

I did read the sticky before posting wanted to be sure to still ask my question as it includes some breathing concerns as well.

Here are my symptoms which I am convinced are ALS:

- right side of body is always cold and I have pulled muscle in my calf all the time and feel as though I am developing a drop foot. Perceived weakness but so far no obvious sign of weakness while at the gym. Limb onset?

- 8 months ago I developed a feeling that something was always stuck in my throat and it was continuously been sore since then, and about a month ago the end of my tongue has felt numb and my tongue wants to curl up into the back of my throat. Twitches here and there but I am noticing it difficult to talk and slurring certain words. Bulbar onset?

- For months now I have been feeling as though the muscles in my throat are pulled and can't get a good deep breath. I went to the ENT and she saw swelling but wasn't concerned. It is becoming more and more difficult to get a deep breath and I feel throbbing and burning in my neck when I exert myself in physical activity. Respiratory onset?

I have convinced myself all these things point to ALS and have made an appointment with my doc to discuss, but am looking for support.

Thanks for your time.

Mate you can't quite decide which onset you have?
Do you realise that 'onset' means which part of the body the disease starts in?

No way you have ALS as you have zero symptoms in any part of your body, and you read that in the stickies. I realise that you just want the personal attention of telling your story and having it answered. So I can tell you personally that you are fine, but you should just get a doctor to check you over and listen to your story of anxiety so you can be helped.

All the best hon

Hank, we can convince ourselves of anything if we try hard enough.
Talk to your doctor not a website about your concerns, he is very qualified in setting you straight.

All the best with sorting your anxiety.

Hank, just read over what you posted again. You will note all of your symptoms start with "it feels...". ALS does not FEEL like anything. Your body just stops obeying commands. Nothing you describe sounds like ALS. Lucky you.
Vincent

"I have convinced myself all these things point to ALS and have made an appointment with my doc to discuss, but am looking for support."

All due respect, you didn't present any evidence of ALS. But do see your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back