Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Auburn
I am wondering about my symptoms. I have atrophy of my lower left leg. I have foot drop. The only pain I have is from no longer being able to walk correctly. Have trouble swallowing. Never even thought these symptoms could be related until I finally saw a neurologist. He mentioned Al's. He did emg. My nerves tested fine, my muscles did not. Many tests ordered , done and waiting. Any one else have similar symptoms? How worried should I be???

Your symptoms aren't necessarily ALS. But one thing you wrote caught my eye: "My nerves tested fine, my muscles did not."

I don't know what you mean. Did the neuro say he saw ALS on the EMG, or did he say he did not see ALS on the EMG?

He said he thinks that it is als. Unless I have a pinched nerve in every area of my back, the way my muscles were testing pointed towards als .

If a neurologist did an EMG and said he thinks it's ALS, I'd get a second opinion, pronto.

Ask the neurologist for a signed letter stating the diagnosis in plain language and with the ICD code. This letter will help expedite the benefits and compensation you'll need.

I have the last test he ordered scheduled for Feb.3. It is a swallow study. Do my symptoms sound like something that mimic ALS? My foot Dr. mentioned Charcot Marie Tooth, at the time of the EMG, I asked the neurologist if it could be that,he said no, again he said ALS. I will definitely ask for a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back