Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WA
City
Bellingham
I came on here about 4 months ago with body wide twitching. I would literally pop everywhere. Since then I've had hot spots and twitching has now started on my tounge. I also have the involuntary (yens breathing is involuntary but this is a deep breath I have to take on top of regular breathing). My twitching is getting deeper and more noticeable. The beating gets bad at night. All my symptoms started around Sept 15. Does this sound like gradual als?

Hey there,
I'm not going back over old posts sorry, but have you seen a doctor at all?
That may be the best place to start. Actually it IS the best place to start.

All the best with finding an answer.

Yes, asked for emg and Doctor literally said he didn't want to do it because he could find other things wrong. Okay!? Had a MRI and blood work done. Everything came back fine. Same with the motor neuron test. At a loss.

Again, I'm certainly no quack, but an EMG is not a fun test to have. Unless ALS is something they are truly thinking, an EMG is not really warranted. Let your doctor explore treatable conditions that have longevity attached to them first.

Hon, your doctor doesn't want to progress to an EMG as he can't find anything wrong.

That seems to say it all. Twitching means NOTHING.

You still don't have any actual ALS symptoms all these months later.

I'm not sure what you are saying about your breathing, but it could well be related to anxiety which is a valid health diagnosis.

You need to work with your doctors, they are the ones observing, touching and talking directly with you. All we can say from text here is you don't even begin to describe ALS and your doctor doesn't seem to think he is seeing it either.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back