Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nj
City
colorado
Hello I would like to share
my story and get honest answers. I am going to tell you about everything. I am 21 and a girl. I started having calf twitching a month ago. It seemed as if I would feel the occassional twitch elsewhere but was centered in my right calf. It never stopped and to this day I am now feeling akwardness walking and a lack of leg energy to walk. I am cramping so bad in my right leg as well now. I sometimes tremble in my hands which could be a twitch when I hold things or type. I had an emg 3 days after my twitching started and this was normal but that must have been too early. Do I need another Emg? All of what I am describing I have read on this site from people with Als. It seems as if it is getting worse. Advice?

Hon you are fine, honestly you don't describe ALS at all.

Please click on the Do I Have ALS? Is This ALS link at the top and read the sticky title NEW MEMBERS READ BEFORE POSTING.

It answers all your questions and is our official position.

No way do you have ALS, but I understand you are scared so go back and tell your doctor how scared you are so you can be helped with that.

- would like to...get honest answers <> I'll be brutally honest.
- 21 and a girl <> Never heard of a 21 yro female getting ALS.
- calf twitching a month ago <> Lots of people twitch, means nothing.
- feeling akwardness walking...lack of leg energy <> Vitamins? Anemic?
- cramping so bad in my right leg <> diet, vitamins, exercise?
- tremble in my hands <> more of the same.
- had an emg...normal <> There you go!

I agree with Tillie, you didn't describe ALS.

Lots of 21 yro women feel the same way you do. I think you should see a GP doctor.

SDOOLIN5: I don't know what you've got, and we don't attempt to diagnose here, since we're not doctors. But you need to see your GP for this. In the meantime, don't worry too much. It isn't disabling or fatal.

21-year-olds recover really well. You'll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back